A few random thoughts from the trip:
- Tim Cavanagh is, without question, the Nicest Man in Comedy.
- Wisconsin Rapids smells kinda like a brown paper bag, but we loved it just the same. Next time, though, try to not have so much snow.
- Sometimes venues have awesome food.
- If Neil Gaiman were a comedian, he might steal the title from Tim Cav.
- The Majestic Theater in Madison is an awesome venue, and has one more red Sharpie stuck up in the backstage rafters than it had before we got there. (Sorry, JoCo!)
- ALWAYS stop at a "Cheese Chalet" if it has a gigantic fiberglass cow in the parking lot.
- Two shows in Chicago = crazy night. Show #1 had Emily (of YouTubes fame) doing the Code Monkey Dance on stage next to us, which was too surreal/awesome for words. Show #2 was, for whatever reason, one of the strangest in recent memory. Jonathan aptly described it as a "coked-up, poo-flinging monkey of an opening set." All this, plus a drop-in from the Great Luke Ski.
- At this point, we (us & JoCo) have a lot of emo bands on the side.
- We also, for a short time in St. Louis, became a wedding band, called InfuZion. (Can’t you just see the name printed on the bass drum?)
- The three of us have decided that, should our current acts, the emo bands and InfuZion all not work out, we’re going to start a band called the Deaf Tones, and we’ll sing tone-deaf covers of the Eagles, Beatles, Beach Boys, and many other ’60s & ’70s songs with rich vocal harmonies. Practicing these in the tour van gave us more hours of laughter than grown men should be allowed.
Anyway, thank you, everyone, for some of the dynamic shows ever being gave. See you in 2008!