Big thanks to everyone who was at the Birchmere show with us and Jonathan Coulton, old friends and new. Some of the highlights for us:
– Panties!!!! Some of the most inventive and sexy undergarments hurled at us to date.
– The level of participatory enthusiasm, including lusty singing-along, great pirate-y fervor, and the occasional clever quip
– Jonathan’s now nearly-famous "turn to the left" during "Nugget Man" (you had to be there)
– The exhilarating/terriftying stuffed animal torrent during the encore with JoCo
– And, of course, the incredible treatment we always get at the Birchmere from the entire staff. We’ve said it before, but from an artist’s point of view there is no better venue in the country.
COMING UP: Peoria, IL this weekend at the Jukebox Comedy Club, another P&S favorite. We’re packing lots of new material since our last visit, and are looking forward to spraying it all over the room like a cat marking its territory.
ALSO…a song of ours will be debuting as part of a new documentary about the Silver Spring B&O Railroad Station. Seriously. It’s not a comedy song, nor is it performed by us (in fact, WE haven’t even heard it yet!), but you can hear "Gracie at the Tastee" sometime during ‘‘Next Stop: Silver Spring,” airing on WETA-TV (Washington, DC PBS station) channel 26 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.