Big thanks to everyone who was at the Birchmere show with us and Jonathan Coulton, old friends and new. Some of the highlights for us:
– Panties!!!! Some of the most inventive and sexy undergarments hurled at us to date.
– The level of participatory enthusiasm, including lusty singing-along, great pirate-y fervor, and the occasional clever quip
– Jonathan’s now nearly-famous "turn to the left" during "Nugget Man" (you had to be there)
– The exhilarating/terriftying stuffed animal torrent during the encore with JoCo
– And, of course, the incredible treatment we always get at the Birchmere from the entire staff. We’ve said it before, but from an artist’s point of view there is no better venue in the country.
COMING UP: Peoria, IL this weekend at the Jukebox Comedy Club, another P&S favorite. We’re packing lots of new material since our last visit, and are looking forward to spraying it all over the room like a cat marking its territory.
ALSO…a song of ours will be debuting as part of a new documentary about the Silver Spring B&O Railroad Station. Seriously. It’s not a comedy song, nor is it performed by us (in fact, WE haven’t even heard it yet!), but you can hear "Gracie at the Tastee" sometime during ‘‘Next Stop: Silver Spring,” airing on WETA-TV (Washington, DC PBS station) channel 26 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
High point for me at the Birchmere was when Paul put my pirate panties on his head! WOOT! Loved the show, can’t wait to see you- and feed you cookies- again! How about doing a t shirt creation contest like Jonathan did?
also creator of the “Legal Brief(s)
This was the awesomest show EVER! I had no voice left by the end of it and I was too keyed-up to sleep for quite a while after I went to bed. You guys really need to get back here more often!
And I find it absolutely hilarious that you’ve obviously been rehearsing “Sweet Caroline” since the last Birchmere show. Way more polished this time around. Now that’s dedication!
Oh yeah – you might want to check on your RSS feed…your four most recent posts are not in there — the last one that was is the one titled “Appearances in Several Different Media”. (I use Google Reader, if that matters.)
Yes the “turn left” was infamous, but I think in the end the two of you stole the show. Don’t get me wrong, I thought the entire show was great, but I enjoyed your part of the show just a little bet better then Jonathan’s.
I’m amazed though that no one came up with “Is that a camera in your pocket or are you just happy to see me” yet.
I loved the show, it was well worth a nasty rainy drive all the way into the city to see all 3 of you… (And the sexy robot).
Sexy Robot = me? 😀
The show was a blast! You guys continue to rock.
Hey Gina, Mrs. Fancy pants.
Update the panty photo page already! I have been checking every couple of hours since Friday night…