Gosh and heck, Left Side of the Country: that was one whiz bang of a weekend. Too many neat things to list in detail, but here’s at least a few of the keener moments:
Thurs. 5/15 – Phoenix
– Whatever chemicals are in the air there, they appear to facilitate broken guitar strings.
– We discover the Carl’s Jr. Cap’n Crunch Shake. 35g of fat, 79g of sugar, 16 oz. of heaven.
Fri., 5/16 – Bakersfield
– Anne Kelly on 96.5 The Fox joins the short list of the sweetest people in radio.
– The birth of our morning zoo radio duo alter-ego, Dunderhead and The Skeeter.
– Starla’s panties.
Sat., 5/17 – San Diego
– Did we mention the show was hot and crowded?
– Celebrity Guest Robot Voice Bill Corbett (from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax).
– "Awesome" is redefined by this fan creation/tribute to Nugget Man Dr. Baker (thank you, JadeSnake!), complete with handmade plush nuggets*.
Sun., 5/18 – Los Angeles
– Cuban food. [Homer Simpson drool sound]
– We extort free shirts from Jesse Thorn. And wear them.
– Those of you troubled by the nudity, our apologies. Everyone else, thanks a million.
All in all, a trip that was totally gear.
*"Handmade Plush Nuggets" is the name of our emo band.
Thanks so much for the two awesome shows. The nice things you guys said about my nuggets totally made my weekend.