Gosh and heck, Left Side of the Country: that was one whiz bang of a weekend. Too many neat things to list in detail, but here’s at least a few of the keener moments:
Thurs. 5/15 – Phoenix
- Whatever chemicals are in the air there, they appear to facilitate broken guitar strings.
- We discover the Carl’s Jr. Cap’n Crunch Shake. 35g of fat, 79g of sugar, 16 oz. of heaven.
Fri., 5/16 – Bakersfield
- Anne Kelly on 96.5 The Fox joins the short list of the sweetest people in radio.
- The birth of our morning zoo radio duo alter-ego, Dunderhead and The Skeeter.
- Starla’s panties.
Sat., 5/17 – San Diego
- Did we mention the show was hot and crowded?
- Celebrity Guest Robot Voice Bill Corbett (from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and Rifftrax).
- "Awesome" is redefined by this fan creation/tribute to Nugget Man Dr. Baker (thank you, JadeSnake!), complete with handmade plush nuggets*.
Sun., 5/18 – Los Angeles
- Cuban food. [Homer Simpson drool sound]
- We extort free shirts from Jesse Thorn. And wear them.
- Those of you troubled by the nudity, our apologies. Everyone else, thanks a million.
All in all, a trip that was totally gear.
*"Handmade Plush Nuggets" is the name of our emo band.