We (Paul and wife) had a barbecue with some friends yesterday, and one them—airlie pilot Lou—made these sinfully awesome hot dogs. I posted a pic on our Twitter account, and a number of folks have asked for the recipe. It’s not complicated, but here it is anyway. Lou says he got it from Bobby Flay:
- Split open hot dogs down middle
- Stuff with chopped jalapeño peppers and shredded cheese (whatever type you prefer; Lou used cheddar)
- Wrap hot dogs tightly with bacon
- Grill on medium-high heat on upper rack (if upper rack not present, grill on indirect heat)
- Serve, eat, attempt to avoid coronary.
They’re great with or without buns, but if you do use a bun, you may only use Martin’s Potato Rolls. (That is a rule strictly enforced by me, but not really part of the recipe) Click on the picture at right for a larger version, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.