This year at PAX Prime, we had the privilege of being official bards for the Acquisitions Incorporated Live Dungeons & Dragons game, featuring Penny Arcade honchos Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins (playing as Jim Darkmagic and Omin Dran, respectively), Wil Wheaton (Aeofel Elhromanë), Scott Kurtz (Binwin Bronzebottom), and with Dungeon Master Chris Perkins (from Wizards of the Coast).
Now, by popular demand, we’ve recorded several of the songs and music cues we wrote for the adventure, and are making them available to YOU, the D&D/Penny Arcade-related-music-hungry public!
- “These Four Men” – Zeppelin-esque adventure theme, with more than a dash of Tenacious D. Even if you have no idea what we’re singing about, this will be your NEW FAVORITE SONG!
- “Critical Hit” – jaunty victory song to accompany the choicest attacks!
- “Jim Darkmagic” – so ominous, it’ll give you nightmares for a fortnight!
- “Don’t Blow the Daily” – self-explanatory!
- “Critical Fail” – for when you are a loser!
- “Acquisitions Incorporated Jingle” - also self-explanatory!
- “Acquisitions Incorporated Jingle II” – ibid.!
- “Oath of Emnity” – sung in its original Eladrian, which is totally not a ridiculous made-up language!
You can buy ‘em all as a bundle for the amazingly low price of $3; the longer songs are also available as singles. All proceeds go to the Encourage Paul and Storm To Write More Crap For RPGs Fund.
All songs are written and performed by Paul and Storm except as noted: drums and kickass organ on “These Four Men” by Brendan Milburn; lyrics to “Oath of Emnity” by Wil Wheaton; extra-spooky high wailing on “Jim Darkmagic” by Marian Call.